Monday, June 6, 2011

Projected Timeline to Beyond Prejudice Release!

Thanks to the hard work of staff at Liberty University (LU) Press, Beyond Prejudice is projected to be released in approximately four weeks!  I would like to acknowledge my editor, designer, and business manager at LU Press for their persistence and dedication to this project.  They have taken my vision for my debut novel and brought reality to that vision through the business side of writing.  I am blessed to work with individuals who not only are professional in their work, but also have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, the ultimate Reason for writing and publishing.

Post yourself a reminder to visit Diane Estrella’s blog on June 24 at http://www.dianeestrella.com/ to read her review of Beyond Prejudice before you can buy it.  A copy of the novel will be given away that day or shortly thereafter on her blog.  I’ll be giving you more information here, too, closer to the release date, so keep following!

Northeast Iowa Community College (NICC) will be featuring Beyond Prejudice in the July issue of their alumni e-newsletter, Connection Point.  More information on that later this month.

Again, a listing of upcoming blog features for Beyond Prejudice:




Character Diaries
Caleb Phelps, Antagonist, Beyond Prejudice
Entry #2

     Well, if you were a guy with age, looks, and education in your favor, wouldn’t you try to get the girl you wanted?  Not that I didn't have lots of other choices, but let’s be honest, not every girl is like Elizabeth Tyler.  Some are better looking, better educated, and better acquainted with the world’s pleasures (not unlike myself), but somehow, Elizabeth caught my attention in ways that no other girl has ever done.  Even now, I can’t quite identify what it was. 
     David Mitsuko is one lucky guy.  I mean, who else but Elizabeth would cherish love for someone for two and a half years while he’s interned for being the same race as the enemy in war?  She kept saying it was because God had put them together.  How does God put two people together, anyway?  Don’t humans put themselves together?  Who said, if God even exists as omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient (yes, I know those terms!), that He would care enough about one person to intervene to the point of restructuring the possible outcomes of an executive order to reunite the two?

As I told Elizabeth, I’m a conformist, so I buy into the more popular view of dictating my own destiny.

All I know is, David found someone else at Manzanar.